Q6600 Overclocked to 2.8GHz on base Volts

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
Hey guys I'm finally starting to overclock. However I'm not able to overclock to 1333 FSB on the default volts. The highest I can go is 1250 at 2.8GHz. 1260 loads sometimes and other times it resets. 3dmark raised to 14391 with 2.8GHz overclock. Wahoo! Anyways, is there anything else I need to do before messing with volts? Is there some reason I can't reach what most Q6600 reach?

(Removed half this post as I know the answers. Read responses!)

Thanks a ton guys!

hmm, i can't explain much of that to you since i'm having a hard time with my q6600 as well, but i got it to boot to 3.0 on base volts, but I had to loosen my memory timings from 4-4-4-12 to 5-5-5-15 for it to work.

hmm, i can't explain much of that to you since i'm having a hard time with my q6600 as well, but i got it to boot to 3.0 on base volts, but I had to loosen my memory timings from 4-4-4-12 to 5-5-5-15 for it to work.

mine works fine with stock volt at 3.0 ghz, prolly could go a little higher but thats what i leave it on for daily use.

I was able to run as high as 3.15 on stock voltage, but considering how cool it runs at 3.6 i figure theres no reason to keep it at 3.15 :)

I was able to run as high as 3.15 on stock voltage, but considering how cool it runs at 3.6 i figure theres no reason to keep it at 3.15 :)

Man you got really lucky then. So the only thing you updated was the FSB all the way to 3.15Ghz? Was there any other changes that gave you the boost? Would any other hardware make a difference? I do have Vista if that matters.

Man you got really lucky then. So the only thing you updated was the FSB all the way to 3.15Ghz? Was there any other changes that gave you the boost? Would any other hardware make a difference? I do have Vista if that matters.

an os doesnt determine how far your oc will go.
all cpu chips are diff...some times you get lucky and in other cases...you dont.

Alright I just changed from 1250 to 1270 (I've tried 50 million things and everything failed) I then changed the volts to 1.35. I figured this should work as I'm not going too much up and I pumped in a little more volts. I figured I'd up the fsb till I need more volts. Though this also didn't load. It makes it to the Windows Vista logo. (The circle in the middle of the screen) Any ideas?

I also just tried to up from 1250 to 1333 just incase I started off too low. No luck, doesn't even make it past the BIOS screen. I have it set on linked. Is that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom