Best Low profile Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerodayATK

Daemon Poster
I want to build a ITX and the mobo I picked has a PCIe slot 16x! I want to get a Graphics card for it but it has to be low profile? what would be the best choice? Thanks, zdATK

hmmmm, low pro? Idk exactly know what that means but try either a 7800GT, a 7300Gt, or 8800GT, ive been out of the ati game for a while so dont know their cards well. Dont ever get anything with PNY, XFX, or other crappy names, eVGA is the best.

This card is the best low profile card i found on newegg, dont be expecting any high gaming but its not a total failure... lol.

Newegg.com - VisionTek 900118 Radeon X1650PRO 256MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Video Card - Retail

Yeah, Its acutually going to be a Linux box, Running either Suse or Ubuntu or Fedora whatever one I decided that I want to put on there :D. What I have been thinking of late is to build a custom case for it out of anything maybe acrylic maybe not and just getting a fullsize card in there. So my next question would be, The best Sub $100 PCI-e card? < as I want this build to be Budget Friendly.

For a full size >$100 card you can still get an x1650 or hd2600 card for well under $100 plus rebates. Performance wise a 1650 card would probably be better as long as you don't mind the lack of hardware direct 10 (no biggy, as we've seen with Crysis). I'd check out these:
Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H165GTQT256GDDN-R Radeon X1650GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N615-TX GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
The second one is a 7600gt which I recommend only form my brief experience with Linux that Nvidia is recognized as having better Linux support on the driver end of things. Heck of a price, too, for a card like that. I hadn't realized they'd gone down so much.

Yeah, that was a great piece of advice for someone on a budget.... you could have at least argued to get something like a 3850, but not everyone has hundreds of dollars lying about. I know i dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom