Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I have:
x1600pro 512mb
amd64bit 3200+
KN8 SLI
2gb ram

I get about 40-50fps on CSS with settings kinda high, i lower them and only get about 6 more, which sucks. On DODs i get 40fps on the lowest settings possible and about 5 less with higher. WHY DOES MY FPS SUCK?!!! I know that my pc isnt THAT bad. I remember when i first built my pc i would get like 100fps on CSS everything max 1440x900 resolution on everything! (windows desktop resolution is 1440x900) I'm afraid to reformat my pc because when i first built it, i could not get a picture on it. I had to take it somewhere. All they did was give me some drivers or somthing. (yes im pretty sure all of mine are up to date) WHAT DO I DO??? please help guys! please!!!

hrmmm, i don't see why you wouldnt be able to get a picture?

i know that mobo doesnt have onboard graphics so that can't be it...

most likely, you just have more applications running in the background

try going to start/run then in run type in msconfig

go to the startup tab and turn off a bunch a crap you don't need on startup.. should make ur start up a bit faster too

download something for spyware as well.... and do you have any anti-virus or firewalls running while you play? if so... that'll bog you down a bit

im using clamwin free antivirus someone told me about. I also have Avast that i can install. Not sure about a fire wall... i just know my machine should be doing much more for me. Ill reformat when i have more time. If pc doesnt work when i do that, just gunna build a whole god **** new machine lol.

Well the cards not all that good in the first place, is it agp? Cause ill buy it off you if you want to upgrade to something a bit more powerful, like an x1900 series.

Also, yeah a reformat will really help with the peformance of the pc, also disk clean up/clear out system restore, and disk defrag is another way to get the pc running more smoothly.

I wouldnt really expect that high fps on CSS, my system before upgrades was similair to yours, Athlon 3800+ and a Ati X550 and it got around 30-40Fps on BF2

try taking down some of the options that arnt really needed, shadows etc, while keeping the others medium.

i get around 40-60fps and my system spec is far less than yours. except my graphics card is ...well its ok. im ashamed to say what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom