Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, you've got the same mobo as me.
go into bios,
"advanced chipset features"
"system clocks"
"cpu clock" or some such i cant remember exactly what it says
set to "user define"
then raise it to 230. your mobo will do 230 no problem, hopefully the chip can handle 3ghz.
lemme know if this works. if it does, you need to stress test it. if it doesnt, you need to bump up the cpu voltage a little.

going from 32 to 64 doesnt just double the amount of memory... it goes up exponentially for each bit...

back in the day 8 bit processors would handle like, 128 BITS of ram.... not 128 mb...

now we are mainly on 32 bit and our max is something much larger, we hit the gb's. 64 bit though will hit beyond the terrabytes.... i think its called tetrabytes?

Of course no one on these forums probably uses a program that uses more then 4 gbs of ram...

probably wouldnt hurt to update bios.
try raising the voltage a notch or two first. to like 1.425V.
if that works, you need to stress test it to make sure its stable. so, lemme know if that works and it boots.

Yeah, as stated, stick with 32bit OS.... Just built a new PC, and used a copy of XP64 bit I got from a friend who didn't need it (yes, legit copy), and my DVD burner isn't supported. So, I just ordered a new burner. Also, I get random lockups in WoW now, but I think it might just need a re-install.... not sure, not enough time to re-install...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom