Is it possible to build a better computer than this? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing a game on a cluster would be a moot point.... ONLY thing a cluster is good for is number crunching.... like rendering, or folding@home for example. The latency between the machines would be too much to have any kind of real world benefit in a game (at the present anyways)....

Jumping_Bean514 - with the Quadro FX or Fire GL cards, gaming wouldn't be very good, as they aren't gaming cards.... and I don't believe there are any games OUT that would utilize 32 cores......

If I had an UNLIMITED source of income.... I would FIRST purchase a game programming company, or comission them to create a game which is able to utilize multiple cores and scale performance to use all available cores, or a set number of cores (in the game settings or something)..... Then, I would just get top of the line parts, and upgrade with the release of each new part to hit the street....

Same issue.... sure, it will crunch numbers, but you won't really see much benefit in gaming.... unless you have it set up so that they are each running a small protion of a jumbotron screen at a baseball field.... lol.

with the Quadro FX or Fire GL cards, gaming wouldn't be very good, as they aren't gaming cards....

Thats kind of why I said you could probably get 8 series cards. You must have missed that comment or just ignored it. Regardless the 8 series is based on the Quadro series cards and while not intended or ideal for gaming, they do that job just fine.

and I don't believe there are any games OUT that would utilize 32 cores......

You're correct. In fact, most games out don't utilize 4 cores, but we still buy them. If you're going for the ultimate PC I don't see a reason to not have them unless you can get substantial game performance increase from fewer cores. Which I don't see happening with the machine I linked.

Same issue.... sure, it will crunch numbers, but you won't really see much benefit in gaming.... unless you have it set up so that they are each running a small protion of a jumbotron screen at a baseball field.... lol.

OR PUT 400K ON GFX RENDERING, 100K ON REAL TIME RAY TRACING, 500K ON PROCESSING W00T, AN SINE MULTIPLE CELLS LINKED TOGETHER CAN UTILIZE UNUSED POWER IN OTHER CELLS, I WOULD KEEP IT RUNNIN AT THE MAX

I like the idea of buying a company but I mean, buying parts on the internet right now, wat is the maximum ride I could create because I mean, theoretically I have unlimited money, but not that much time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom