USB stick? What brand is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. tech

In Runtime
Is there any reliable brands when it comes to USB sticks? Can you recommend any?

Or are they all pretty much the same?

Theyre all probably the same, but I would like to reccomend buffalo, Ive had a 512MB stick from them for a good 3 years now, never let me down, still working perfectly.

sandisk is legit... most major-name brands arent gonna fail you ever...
things i look for when i buy one:
i hate caps... i lose them constantly... sony makes some cool ones, one where the usb connector slides into the stick itself, another thats smaller than a postage stamp and just has a sleeve of sorts to protect it...
and i hate the kind that come with that wierd ativa A3 program or whatever its called... any kind that has a program already installed on it to help you manage your files or w/e... id stay away from... theyre more of a hassle then theyre worth...
if you still want, i can put up some newegg links to a couple that ive had or friends had that have worked well... its pretty hard to go wrong with this kind of thing tho... :] - RK

kingston, crucial, patriot, scandisk, used em all.
The same really, i just pick up w/e's cheapest at the store.

Sandisk 4 sure, i still have a 1giger with a bent usb plug and it still works. howevr i now use those 8gb sandiskU3 drives. yes that u3 system sux,but t lets me install a program other than acrobat 2 read pdf so im happy

I have 3 Sandisk sticks.... 2 are old Cruzer Micro's that have the caps. I have a 1Gig, and a 256 Meg or something... I ALSO have a 4 Gig Sandisk Cruzer Micro where the USB slides in and out of the stick. This one is my Fav, as it has the U3 on there, and can run programs from it.

I have 4; all sandisk (bought 'em from work and we only carry the Sandisk ones lol). 256MB Cruzer Micro (the one with the cap); 1GB Sandisk Cruzer Micro, 2GB CM, and a 4GB CM. The 1GB, 2GB and 4GB ones I have are all th eones that slide into each other. I took the U3 software off of all of them because it just annoyed me...if I want it back on there I'll just have to go to their website/put it on so no biggie, lol. The 256, 2GB and 4GB I have documents/other stuff on, and the 2GB I have Linux on (can't remember which distro...may be DSL, could be a diff one lol, not sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom