Big mistake... Screens stay off. Tried to overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

randysmashed

Beta member
Lol, so I'm not too sure if I'm gonna overclock now. I have a q6600 G0 and a 680i evga board. I was going in to set the fsb to 333 since I read that the PC is stable there without changing volts. (Should be 3.0ghz) Well I believe I changed the right settings, but now I'm doubting myself. When I turn my PC on the fans stay loud and the screens don't change. They just say no signal if I turn them on and off. Any idea on what I should do. I can't even fix what I did since I can't get to the BIOS.

No, the button on the Back I/O panel that says CMOS. Make sure computer is off, press it once or twice then turn the computer on.

No, the button on the Back I/O panel that says CMOS. Make sure computer is off, press it once or twice then turn the computer on.

Hmm, couldn't find any buttons, but I managed to move the jumper to reset and then back to normal to fix it! Thanks a bunch. Now what did I switch? I'm guessing that was completely wrong?

I've only see a few MB's out there that have the button to clear CMOS on the outside...

hrmm do you have the 680i lt.. that one doesnt have a jumper.. along w/ the asus p5n32... all the others have push button to clear cmos

i thought x38 was the only one with the button
i have the jumper on mine
and ya you have to clear cmos, lol i freaked out my first time too

I assumed he had a(n) Asus Maximus mobo as that is the one in the link he posted, which does have a back panel clear CMOS button...
At least there was a picture of it when I looked at the link, I should probably look at the rest of the page next time.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom