Few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if that mobo will support 45nm procs, some will supoport 45nm duo's but not quads... you'll have to do some research on your own to find that out, but honestly I would consider putting it up for sale and building one from scratch.

I don't know if that mobo will support 45nm procs, some will supoport 45nm duo's but not quads... you'll have to do some research on your own to find that out, but honestly I would consider putting it up for sale and building one from scratch.

I believe the E6600 is a 65nm, just like my E4500.

And I see no real reason to buy a new motherboard, I can upgrade my PC just fine how it is.

yes that is, but the real value is in the E8400, and it's 45nm, which your mobo may very well support. I just realized that the mobo, and therefore the computer, is an Acer. You could upgrade it, but honestly it probably has good resale value for people looking to buy pre-builts, and you might do better $ wise to sell it and build from scratch. Not knocking you or your rig, just being real. Building a system with good quality ram and an unlocked bios will give you lots of headroom for tweaking. If you get a new proc you'll need to sell your old one anyway?

yes that is, but the real value is in the E8400, and it's 45nm, which your mobo may very well support. I just realized that the mobo, and therefore the computer, is an Acer. You could upgrade it, but honestly it probably has good resale value for people looking to buy pre-builts, and you might do better $ wise to sell it and build from scratch. Not knocking you or your rig, just being real. Building a system with good quality ram and an unlocked bios will give you lots of headroom for tweaking. If you get a new proc you'll need to sell your old one anyway?
Well why not upgrade it and increase it's resale value even more? If you think how quickly the price excelates for pre-builds as the quality goes up, you'll see that it's not such a bad idea.

But seriously, you've still not given me any actual reason why I should start from scratch. Speed of RAM makes very little difference to actual gaming performance, no? And I'm honestly not too fussed about overclocking, knowing me I'll probably just blow my PC up.

And of course there's Nvidia/Crossfire to consider, but they'll always be one type of card powerful enough to play any game on it's own.

What's that you've said last? Do you mean sell my old processer, or sell my whole system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom