Fast Video File Converting Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
First off my PC is in my signature. I was wondering how I can speed up some video converting. For example, yesterday I converted a 1400mb AVI file to DVD format. (So I can play it in my DVD players) It burned at about 94 fps and 4300 bitrate. I use ConvertXtoDVD. That took me about 30-35 minutes. Then it took another 15 minutes to burn it to the DVD-R.

Nothing on my system is over clocked. (Except my GPU is a EVGA KO which is preclocked a little) I figured once I over clock my processor it should do a lot better. I have a tuniq cooler. What else can I do to speed it up? Is there anything special I should do? Are there better programs that are quicker? I don't know much about working with video files.

Burning the file took longer then I had expected. I have this DVD Burner. (Link below) It looks like Samsung has a 20x now, but how big of a diff would that make? Are there any really good DVD burners I can buy that may cost over $100? (I think it'd be worth it if there was)
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE DVD Burner With LightScribe Technology - OEM

Thanks in advance guys!

It takes half to the full length of the movie to convert. A 2hr movies takes 1-2hrs to convert.

Well for me a 2 hour movie took 30 minutes. However the quality is reduced with this one I downloaded. I figured better hardware and possibly software would speed it up though?

argh... you already have a Quad, it'll be fast, just overclock from this point on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom