Few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

9tfrizzco

Baseband Member
Forgetting all about overclocking, how much of a general performance increase in games would I see if I was to upgrade from an E4500 @2.2 GHZ to an E6600 @2.4GHZ?

If it's not worth it for the cash, then are there any better bang for buck processer upgrades I could make? Like with AMD for example.

Lastly, since I'm only going to make one upgrade right now, would increasing my RAM size from 2 gig to 4 gig be better money spent than doing anything with my processer?(Bearing in mind I dont want to spend too much)

yeah you can't put an AMD in an intel socket mobo... my suggestion would be to get an E8400 core2duo. BIG bang for the buck 3.0ghz and massive overclocking potential (4.2Ghz easy, 4.5Ghz possible) Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Dual-Core Processor - Retail

Why don't you juts overclock your E4500?

What is you vid card? you might want to upgrade that and OC your CPU

Can't overclock, I don't think my motherboard enables it.

I got a Radeon 3850 512mb, not upgrading that as I've only just bought it, lol. I may buy another one along with a new motherboard one day, I dunno.

Can't overclock, I don't think my motherboard enables it.

I got a Radeon 3850 512mb, not upgrading that as I've only just bought it, lol. I may buy another one along with a new motherboard one day, I dunno.

It probably does, unless it's an intel board then your options might be limited. Number 1 priority is to find out what mobo you have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom