...took a plunge and bought a new monitor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice monitor.

I just purchased the Samsung 2232GW this past sunday....i have always been a crt man....but this has definitley changed my mind

I just love it....love the widescreen....it has some kind of a glossy coating over the screen, and the image quality and colors really blew me away....I must say it was way better than I had anticipated it would be, so it was a very pleasant surprise.

I have owned my last crt....lol

Yup, mine has the glossy screen as well. once you get a better card, youll just love cranking all the games up @ 1680x1050.

yes i know that thanks, but samsung used all samsung parts, as far as i know. I don't know which is better, i doubt this gateway is better.

UNTRUE, Samsung doesn't always manufacture each individual component of a monitor, it takes various parts from different companies as well as some of its own manufactured parts and assembles it together.

For example, the Samsung 226BW-A uses an AU Optronics panel whereas the 226BW-S uses a panel manufactured by Samsung itself.

UNTRUE, Samsung doesn't always manufacture each individual component of a monitor, it takes various parts from different companies as well as some of its own manufactured parts and assembles it together.

For example, the Samsung 226BW-A uses an AU Optronics panel whereas the 226BW-S uses a panel manufactured by Samsung itself.

I have a 223BW-R :confused:

Can't figure out who made it! Looks amazing though I can't complain.

And whirlwind yeah that looks great! Mine is the matte version, my puter is next to the window and I didn't want any glare problems...although I do prefer the glossy finish.

I have a 223BW-R :confused:

Yeah, after they started to get numerous complaints about customers feeling cheated (rightly so in my opinion) when they got the lower quality panels, they simply named all of them 'R' so no one knows if they have one manufactured by samsung or not. (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom