My New Samsung 2232GW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im seriously looking at the 2232BW, does anyone know the difference between the 'G' and the 'B'? And also do you think that a graphics upgrade would be needed at that res for me?

(sorry to threadjack)

Thats a Seriously cool monitor, I bet its the world of difference between that and your old one isnt it.

I think the B is for matte and G is for gloss finish

As for a gpu upgrade, yes to run at the native 1680x1050 a x1950pro will be insufficient.

Newer monitors like these can downscale to 1440x900 without a huge loss in quality though so you could do that while you save up for a new GPU

I think the B is for matte and G is for gloss finish

As for a gpu upgrade, yes to run at the native 1680x1050 a x1950pro will be insufficient.

Newer monitors like these can downscale to 1440x900 without a huge loss in quality though so you could do that while you save up for a new GPU

True, i was actually playing at cod2 at 1440x900 for like 20 minutes before i realized that the res was still set to 1440x900. The monitor reminded me with a pop-up screen lol.

Im seriously looking at the 2232BW, does anyone know the difference between the 'G' and the 'B'? And also do you think that a graphics upgrade would be needed at that res for me?

(sorry to threadjack)

Thats a Seriously cool monitor, I bet its the world of difference between that and your old one isnt it.

Yes, the G has the glossy finish over the screen...the B is the matte finish.

Well...I have always used a CRT, and was very, very reluctant to switch....but it really was better than I even anticipated, and yes it does scale down in resolution and still looks very nice, that really made me happy, because I was under the impression that the picture would be terrible if it was not running at 1680 x 1050.

I could not be much happier, I love my games in the widescreen, it really looks awsome.

Anyone wondering if they should switch from a CRT....I say ...don't worry...yes you should...it is a tremendous upgrade....and I am about as big of a fan of CRT'S as there is on these forums.

Here is another look for anyone that is interested.

http://www.techist.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2870&stc=1&d=1200960892

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom