choosing my graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cod4 is very well optimized, now crysis, that game eats my card alive lol. But i get really good fps in cod4. I took a couple vids, but the fps doesnt show up on them and theyre huge, and i cant compress em with movie maker cause my xp isnt "legit" lol, im gonna have to download a video converter.

In fragfests, yeah ive seen it drop down to 30 but for a split second, and with the slider on quality.

That 8600gt b1gapl posted looks like a great deal. So the Gddr4, 256 bit memory interface, and a faster core clock on the 2600xt wouldnt help?

That 8600gt b1gapl posted looks like a great deal. So the Gddr4, 256 bit memory interface, and a faster core clock on the 2600xt wouldnt help?

It would help a little, but not as much, since it's a low end card. If you want to save a little, the 8600GT is a good choice. Has a little more kick to it too.

Crossfiring isn't worth it for low end cards. You might as well get one powerful card.

What exactly is stream processors? The 8600gt has 32 and the 2600xt has 120.

One thing you need to realize is that the architecture matters, not just core/memory speeds. The 8800s are based on either the g92/g80, which are both very powerful, hence why the cards and so good even at lower speeds than say an 8600gt. Like the 7300gt, when overclocked it basically became a 7600gs since they used the same core.

Some info:
Stream processing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But for not much more you can get the hd 3850 which kills the x1950pro. And thats a bit expensive, you can find one cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom