Need Help With Two Builds(500 and 800)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one I am using now has worked pretty well for current games I have been using it on(World in Conflict, Battlefield 2142, Hellgate, Orange Box, etc.). And the lower end is going to be used for games primarily like Rise of Nations, Dune, and Command and Conquer(not 3).

On top of that fact, I don't plan on getting a higher end graphics card for the single core, if anything a 7 series Nvidia at the most.

The one I am using now has worked pretty well for current games I have been using it on(World in Conflict, Battlefield 2142, Hellgate, Orange Box, etc.). And the lower end is going to be used for games primarily like Rise of Nations, Dune, and Command and Conquer(not 3).

On top of that fact, I don't plan on getting a higher end graphics card for the single core, if anything a 7 series Nvidia at the most.

for the lower end you could get a 1650pro, thats what im prolly ognna get, or an 8400gs .

thats what somebody is giving me on my build, I got all this stuff for free (thanks to Tech-Forums.net [speaking of which, krazyq did you send the Arctic Freezer yet?]) its pretty good, but get this instead:

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane 1.9GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail

consumes less power, and could overclock to the speed of the 6000+ (aka 3.0ghz easily)

EDIT: nice timing there krazy lol..

hey vern, its been -15 degrees the past few days and ive been sitting my butt at home.
ill be cashing my chek on tuesday though and i swear this time ill send it out.

Thanks for the help, didn't even realize it was OEM. Also that thread helps a lot too.

I am not completely into tech, I know enough to get by, so when you say 'overclocking', is this something it would automatically do running something at higher specs or would I need programs to do it?

Thanks for the help, didn't even realize it was OEM. Also that thread helps a lot too.

I am not completely into tech, I know enough to get by, so when you say 'overclocking', is this something it would automatically do running something at higher specs or would I need programs to do it?

you can oc with software, most techies over here are against oc the cpu with a software...we use the bios.
although oc the gpu is done with software and is fairly easy.

for Video Cards you do it through Software, with CPUs you use a BIOS

LOL: again... :D

Don't I run the risk of overheating the component? Or causing it damage in some way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom