Dead mobo I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phase-Six

In Runtime
Well I took my pc apart to install a new cpu cooler and when I put everything back together it all turns on, The cd drives work, cpu cooler works, all the case fans spin, and the led lights turn on. The problem is the graphics card wont turn on neither will my integrated one either. The other things that wont work are all the usb's of the mobo and the ps2 mouse/keyboard. Then I take it apart again to make sure I plug everything in. So everything is plugged in and it is. So I put it back together and nothing. So im assuming its dead.

doesnt hurt to reset the cmos, sometimes its something that easy, make sure your hsf is placed correctly and theres not too much thermal paste. Could be overheating, you never no.

doesnt hurt to reset the cmos, sometimes its something that easy, make sure your hsf is placed correctly and theres not too much thermal paste. Could be overheating, you never no.

It is indeed placed right. Ive check to make sure it is tightly screwed on and over the cpu, as well as Ive spread the artic silver stuff lightly and evenly. Ive also made sure it turns on and spins and it does. I guess Ill just go with a new mobo :)

i had a similar problem it turned out to be my processor gone bad. does your ports light up like your ethernet port with the green and orange LED's light up and flash? i suppose your system doesnt post correct?

It turns on fine, no beeps or anything. But the all the ports like ethernet, ps2 mouse and keyboard, dont light up or work. If the cpu was dead it would beep im sure.

Pull the cpu and make sure it is clean and no thermal paste on contacts. Also check for bent pins, correct alignment. Reinstall without heat sink and see what happens. Also if you used a backing plate, did it have the protecive film on it so it does not contact the MB? Did you use spacers on the MB?

Pull the cpu and make sure it is clean and no thermal paste on contacts. Also check for bent pins, correct alignment. Reinstall without heat sink and see what happens. Also if you used a backing plate, did it have the protecive film on it so it does not contact the MB? Did you use spacers on the MB?

Okay ill take the cooler off today and see if that does anything, yes it did come with a protective film, and im using it. Yes as well as spacers. Ill post back and tell you what happens. Ill try starting it for a few seconds without the cooler and see if it works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom