Bootskin BSoDs Windows on new comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
Hi.

So I was looking to customize my laptop the other day when I came to the terrible and shocking realization that there weren't any SHODAN bootskins out there... so I made one.

Here's the funny part. I installed Bootskin on my widescreen desktop for the development and previewing part of the process... and threw this thing together, got it looking beautiful.
shodan3prev.jpg

Bootskin here: http://skycommand.org/savage/shodan3.bootskin

I put it on my laptop, and it worked beautifully...

then I tested it on my desktop. The machine got out of the BIOS and BSoD'd immediately. And again.

Any idea why it's crashing or how to fix it?
system specs: Soul Savage

and yet nobody knows why or what triggers it?

How about a way to manually patch in a bootskin that was assembled to work with bootskin?

one that was made for xp sp1 won't work on xp sp2 and vice versa

one that was made for xp sp1 won't work on xp sp2 and vice versa

That's funny, because I made the bootskin on an SP2 system and it worked fine on the SP1 system, but crashed the SP2 system I made it on. So what constitutes the system it was made for?

A bootskin is only a set of 4-bit, 16-color Windows bitmap images and a plain text INI with positioning elements. The installed bootskin application interprets that to create a replacement ntoskrnl.exe file... or at least, to the best of my knowledge that's how it works.

you can manually set your bootskins without any programs, so we were under the impression that was what you were doing.

That is exactly what i thought. I mean there was NO mention of the fact you were usign a 3rd party application. Since that is the case here is a thought. GO CHECK THEIR FORUMS. Want to be nasty about it so can I.:p

That is exactly what i thought. I mean there was NO mention of the fact you were usign a 3rd party application. Since that is the case here is a thought. GO CHECK THEIR FORUMS. Want to be nasty about it so can I.:p

Read the thread please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom