Dusting out Pc's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
My friend has a decent rig and he didnt even know it, but he wanted me to come over and dust it out for him.. he had one of those compressed air cans but he didnt have the straw looking thing... I gave it a test spray at my hand and it seemed fine but i still didnt trust it... i tried holding it down a few more seconds and i noticed a little bit of moisture coming out of it...

I got scared and said to him "your comp isnt going to die from a little dust, lets wait till you get a new can of compressed air first."....

Now i plan to go back over but my almost spraying liquid into his cpu fan, video card, and mobo scared me quite a bit. If i buy a new one is there anything i should look out for when spraying it down? and would the best thing be to take every part out and spray it and then put them back in?

That way i wouldnt have to tip the can horizontally cause i heard that would of sprayed a little bit of liquid....

also... **** those things get cold when you spray them -_- lol

At work we use an air compressing machine (like the ones you use to blow up basketballs). It works like a charm. Blows out an incredible amount of dust. With an air compressor you can leave everything in the machine and with like 45 seconds of blowing everything is squeaky clean (funny how we charge like $30 bucks for it, ha, ignorance is what's driving the computer repair industry). Those little cans are more for dusting out keyboards than any thing else.

I read here somewhere NOT to use a hairdryer. Almost fried his system? Maybe because it gets too hot or does it cause static electricity or something? Most hairdryers these days come with a cold air option. Does that work or doesn't it blow hard enough?

Those cans do give off a little moisture but I goes away. Also, try shaking the can.

As for the change in temperature, its simple gas law: Gas laws - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so i shouldnt really worry about the moisture when spraying? or if i do see moisture just let it dry for a few mintues? i mean it doesnt come out in a waterfall its just a little morning dew on the old cpu/mobo ;p

(funny how we charge like $30 bucks for it, ha, ignorance is what's driving the computer repair industry).

Yes, i needed to explain to a friend yesterday that you dont need a video card to surf the web... I think best buys was trying to sell them an 8600 gt, lol...

A while back ago I used 2 cans of memorex air duster, with lemon scent :D, to dust the inside of my case and YES they do get cold, so cold you have to put them down after a while. At last when I had finished my computer parts, and everything else in the room, were dust free and lemony :p

If air compressors work I'll just use one of those sense we have 2 of them anyway, one is for basketballs and the other is like one for airing up tires and inner tubes.

Make sure to power off the rig and unplug the power cord. Once you finish, let it sit for a couple fo minutes to be sure it is dry.

If you read the directions, it says not to spray close, anyway. That will prevent moisture, as will holding the can in the proper position.

Yeah, it's not uncommon to get frost on th eoutside of the can if you use it a lot in one cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom