Replacing Broken Screen With HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric2k6

Solid State Member
Recently my laptops monitor was broken, to the extent that non of the desktop is visible. I currently have the correct cable to wire my laptop up to my Samsung HDTV to use this instead.

After wiring up the laptop and setting the tv to the correct 'PC' Channel the laptops desktop is visible for all of .. 1 second and promptly dissapears, the tv then switches its self onto standby.

I am looking for a solution without having to replace the old screen or purchasing a new cable.

Thanks Tom

Hello,

What laptop do you have? Do you not see anything on screen during POST (when you first power on the PC), even on your HDTV when you connect it?

Nothing is visible on the tv or the laptop screen, all i get is the initial flash of the desktop on the tv, which is then replaced by 'no signal' and the tv then turns onto standby and the resolution in the laptop settings changes to 800x600.

Does anyone have any ideas?

bumpp.

Need help to sort this out dont have another computer to use regularly need a solution asap, thank you.

sounds like the laptop isn't capable of running on the hd res. what you could do is buy a new screen and that's pretty straight forward to replace.

Well, that is a pretty straight forward solution but due to the lack of funds atm to buy a new screen.

Which is why i asked for a way for this to be resolved WITHOUT money, and i'm pretty sure the laptop must be able to run on the res as, like i said the screen does flash up with the desktop perfectly displayed but then dissapears and displays no signal. If it couldn't i imagine it not even trying? or if it did not being displayed properly?

Anyone have any possible solutions other than just buying a new screen?

Bumppppp againnnn kinda need this fixingg :( sorry for the impatience but its kind of needed.

ty ~

does the screen work until the loading of windows? i had that problem, i went into the advanced boot options and booted vga mode then changed the res there. fixed it for me.

If by the screen you mean the laptop then no as i said it was smashed and didnt display anything, and the HD TV displays all of a second of any part of the system desktop or boot sequence and cuts out, cant get long enough to configure anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom