Big problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice9

In Runtime
Ok here is this radeon x800 pro on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40158&item=5110897901&rd=1

1 day left and it is at 152 dollars because he says it is not working properly. He gives all the details in the description. So what do you guys think the problem might be, is it worth getting, is it an easy fix? I know a guy who is great with computer stuff and helps me out for free. Anyways just wondering if it could be a really easy fix and worth bidding on or if it would be stupid to gamble on something like this. Thanks

Blind_Arrow said:
i havent seen it though, but usually transistors shows problems, if ur guy cn replace them, then get it

Well I will have ot ask, but how much are transitors and how hard is to replace them?

u need to remove the old solder and solder the new transistors back in. if u or the guy u know does that kinda work on pc parts, it may be easy. but i of course have no experience soldering pc parts, so i dont know wat dificaulties or dangers there are doing that to expansive pc parts.
--------------------------------------------------------------
i would bet though, that if hes selling it on ebay, and says that it doesnt work properly... it prolly doesnt work at all.

jolancer said:
u need to remove the old solder and solder the new transistors back in. if u or the guy u know does that kinda work on pc parts, it may be easy. but i of course have no experience soldering pc parts, so i dont know wat dificaulties or dangers there are doing that to expansive pc parts.
--------------------------------------------------------------
i would bet though, that if hes selling it on ebay, and says that it doesnt work properly... it prolly doesnt work at all.

yeah I think it might too much of agamble. I have solder skills... i have built guitar amplifiers and solder parts in guitars, etc. Never done anyhting with computer parts before though. I think I may pass. BUt there is the link for anyone who thinks they can fix it easily thats a good price.

this wil be like, chance, still if he can fix it up, you might get too much troubles.

stability issues, etc. if i would have been in ur place i shouldnt have gone for it :)

Blind_Arrow said:
this wil be like, chance, still if he can fix it up, you might get too much troubles.

stability issues, etc. if i would have been in ur place i shouldnt have gone for it :)

well i didn't go for it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom