Downgrading Vista to XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradlays

Baseband Member
Can someone please explain to me what I am doing wrong. I am trying to downgrade from windows vista to xp and I am having trouble due to my Sata HDD I guess.

Everytime I try and load the slipstreamed cd with the drivers for the hard drive I get the Blue screen of death saying that windows will now shut down to prevent any damage to the computer. Also these error codes pop up: 0x0000007B (0xF7A56524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000)

This is what I have added into TXTSETUP.SIF

Code:
TXTSETUP.SIF

[SourceDisksFiles]
iaStor.sys = 1,,,,,,x_,4,1

[HardwareIdsDatabase]
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2653&CC_0106 = "iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2681&CC_0106 = "iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C1&CC_0106 = "iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C5&CC_0106 = "iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2821&CC_0106 = "iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2829&CC_0106 = "iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2922&CC_0106 = "iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5029&CC_0106 = "iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2653&CC_0106 = "iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2681&CC_0106 = "iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C1&CC_0106 = "iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C5&CC_0106 = "iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2821&CC_0106 = "iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2829&CC_0106 = "iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2922&CC_0106 = "iaStor"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_5029&CC_0106 = "iaStor"

[SCSI.Load]
iaStor = iaStor.sys,4

[SCSI]
iaStor = "Intel(R) ICH8M SATA AHCI Controller"

This is what my WINNT.SIF file looks like

Code:
[Data]
AutoPartition=0
MsDosInitiated="0"
UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[Unattended]
UnattendMode=ProvideDefault
OemPreinstall=Yes
OemSkipEula=Yes
NoWaitAfterTextMode=1
NoWaitAfterGUIMode=1

WaitForReboot="No"
TargetPath=WINDOWS
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
OemPnPDriversPath=drivers\Sata

[GuiUnattended]
OEMSkipWelcome = 1

[UserData]
ProductKey=xxxx-xxx-xxxxx-xxx
FullName="Brad"
OrgName=""

88799157pe1.jpg

I added my .sys file into the i386 folder (which is named iaStor.sys)

The added drivers are in this directory c:\WinSata\$OEM$\$1\drivers\Sata

I'm not sure if I am missing anything but I have tried again and again changing little things and I can't seem to get this to work.

The cds boot up whenever the OS is loaded but when I try and restart the computer and load the cd the blue screen pops up.

If anyone can help me I would be greatly appreciated.

Wrong drivers. Either that or the slipstream was done wrong. The drivers should be in the Drivers folder. Use nllite to create teh slipstream CD. I have tested this app and it works perfectly.

Wrong drivers. Either that or the slipstream was done wrong. The drivers should be in the Drivers folder. Use nllite to create teh slipstream CD. I have tested this app and it works perfectly.

Well I've tried that also but the thing with Nlite is that it creates a huge windows xp file and it takes a long time loading the drivers in. I have not tried to burn a cd with this method yet because I am pretty sure that the file would not even fit on a cd (When it messed up once I had to delete the file and start over and the file it was working on was about 4gb)

Then somehting must be wrong with what you are trying to do. I have created several XP CD's with nlite and burned them. Most recent was Nov of last year will all updates and drivers for my system. It was still under the 700MB mark.

So you are doing something terribly wrong. Sorrry to say. IT takes a image of your XP disc. Then you add drivers and stuff. So you must be adding much more than just drivers.

Yea thats what I'm pretty sure its doing, I'm just not sure why it is doing this. I am following all of the tutorials to the T and it is taking forever to integrate the drivers. When I go through the set up I make a fresh folder of xp on the desktop, then I click next and next again then I click on drivers, and then bootable iso. Then I click on the insert and select single driver.. then I click on two of the drivers that are in the list (Just to make sure I don't grab the wrong one), click next after I add them and then I let it do what its doing.

Does it take a really long time to integrate drivers when you do it?

Nope. It takes about 30 seconds to a minute to integrate them. So that tells me 1 of 2 things. Either a.) the drivers are not made for XP?? or B.) there is something wrong with the drivers that is causing this problem. Maybe check over at the nlite site and see if they have any more info for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom