Win XP Home SP2 stuck on blue logon screen... help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

therascalking

Devious Techie
hey guys...
new problem... my old Sony Vaio laptop is having some weird problems with its windows... when you power it up, it shows the Vaio screen, then the black Windows XP loading screen, then when it gets to the blue logon screen, it just shows the XP logo, but no accounts to choose from...
and it just is stuck there...
i dont know what to do, or what caused this... it worked fine, then i shut it down, and when i turned it on it did this...
maybe it had something to do with me using this laptop to format another hard drive that i hooked up to it... i used Western Digital's Data Lifeguard Tools program to format a hard drive that i hooked up to it using a USB external enclosure... but im positive that i didnt accidentally format my laptop HD or anything like that... tho it might have messed with my boot settings possibly?
i dont even know how to get into the laptop's BIOS to see where its booting from... and actually, if it wasnt booting from its own HD, then windows wouldnt even load, would it?
so what happened to my accounts?
why is it stuck at this screen?
any help would be appreciated... thanks - RK

Try Safe Mode see if the Admin acocunt is there. If not it seems you lost your profiles.

It is stuck at that screen cause it does not see any accounts for you to log into. So it has no profiles to load.

Try Safe Mode see if the Admin acocunt is there. If not it seems you lost your profiles.

It is stuck at that screen cause it does not see any accounts for you to log into. So it has no profiles to load.

Can a windows repair fix this? Is there any way to create profiles through recovery console?

Repair will give you a default profile i believe. If it doesnt find one that is. At least i think so. I knwo that a repair install will replace the Windows fiels but it has never touched any of my profiles when doing a repair. So in theory it should work. But i dont think it will. Since there isnt any profiles there in the first place.

As for creating a profile...I dont think so.

Try to check out some of these articles from Microsoft.

After you install a new hardware device or new software, Windows XP may continuously restart, or you may receive an error message on a blue screen
Search The Knowledge Base

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom