Is windows 2000 better then xp home

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael3x

Solid State Member
Could any tell me which is better 2000 or xp, From what I can see the only thing xp is good for is giving trouble, I'm nearly finished putting together my comp and still have to decided which operating sys to go for. Any help or advice would be great.

michael3x

XP is More user friendly but if u know what your doing than 2000 is good for u. Some people use 2000 because it's a lot easier to network and configure. I use XP home and it works well for me whan i do regular stuff but when i have to reconfigure some things i find it somewhat harder.

Just a quick question here.
What is win 2003 sever? Is it better than xp?
Just wondering

Windows 2003 Server is specifically designed to operate as a server for domains. It's got the same kind of look and feel as Windows 2000, but it's not intended as an OS for the typical end user. It's stacked with applications that are highly useful and often necessary for administering networks, but not much else. So unless you're planning on setting up a network/domain, or hosting websites from your PC, stick with XP or 2K.

Cheers
DiggerB

i have found win 2000 to be the most stabe trouble free OS I have ever used. It has been around long enough to have had the kinks worked out of it. It just seems that I have seen so many posts centering around prob after prob with XP, home or pro.

Just make sure you get all available updates and service packs.

if u arent into development, then XP Home is very good chioce, as its faster than any of previous version (2K, NT, Me, 98, 95)

those who have been usng 2K, they will find it vey worthwhile. as I am on dual boot, I've always find 2000 to be more heavy on mys syste, as compared to XP. although both are installed on primary drives (not extended or logical).

and as wll, i have felt 2K putting more load on CPU, as if I have to copy sme huge file from some other place. XP, cuts down the load the moment tranfer completed, where as 2K keep load on CPU for few more minutes (5-8)

I am using win2000 and will never install XP on my PC...
WinXp is so slow that is getting on my nerves.
Every time I click on Start Button the is delay of 1 sec. Before you see
the MenuÂ…Â…
(Is not from my PC couse : P4 2.6 512MB and cose with win2000 is working 80% fast)
Whole over is full with stupid animations and pictures and your processor is working loading themÂ….
Once I clean up all the animations and there was same delaying of the menus and windows.
May be the processor is thinking where the pic and animations are?
They did some restrictions with WinXP which they miss in win2000.
WinXp is monitoring your hardware every time you work with you PC.
Get the hard disk from your Computer with XP and plug it like primary on another computer with different hardware and press the power button.
The PC will not start.
When you send error message via internet. The message is going out with all you hardware and software informationÂ….
May be whole registry who know?
If I face option to choose between XP Home and XP Professional, I will choose DOS.

Just different, depends on personal preference, I still have some boxes running W2K Pro, they work fine, The Pro XP version has better security options, depends on your needs and uses.

I'd use XP-Pro over W2k-Pro and then XP Home in that order if asked.

W2K is less fussy, such as the common XP constant reeboot to infinity loop for the penalty of installing a lousy incorrect driver, W2K at least won't do that to ya.

XP Pro is the GO, but feed it like a diabetic, give it the wrong food and it will spit the dummy big time.

The Pro XP version has better security options,
LOL-LOL

Lol what is this better security options.

I don't know......tell me?Help me out.....

The patch makers in Microsoft Don't Know as well.
May be you can help them, to stop making 3 patches a day.....

The security in any Computer is the way you set it up. Your Protection Programs Your Level of Access, Your Monitoring and Logging Systems.
And this is no metter WinXP, Won2000 or Linux. And still is not 100%....secure...

Are you try to tell me that you can secure your data in WinXP and
I can't do it in WiN2000?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom