whats running:
Intel C2Q Q6600 B3
Asus P5K Deluxe
2Gb Crucial Ballistix
Corsair 520HX
XFX 8800 Ultra
Coolermaster Cosmos

what I have that is in upgrade process:
Saitek I keyboard and crappy microsoft mouse for now.
Altec lansing 2.1 speakers fro now
HP f1703 17" LCD Flatpanel
Onboard sound
Onboard network
XFX Gaming headset
Stock C2Q cooler ; ;

Parts for upgrade:
Razer Lachesis mouse
Logitech z-5500
X-fi extreme music
K1ller network card
Razer barracuda gaming headset.
merc stealth gaming keyboard
LG 24" LCD
Watercooling

Takign a long time to get the cash but I figure in another 2 to 2.5 months it should be done.

Then I can start again with cpu gpu and mobo lmfao. just for fun though. i know the performance will last for a logn time with what I have. but I can sell off these parts to a buddy and upgrade myself with little extra money. only dent will be the GPU cause I didnt wait when I should have. ^^

Dual Core AMD Opteron
Processor 180
@ 2.41 GHz
1 evga nvidia 8500 512MB gt (soon to be evga nvidia 8800 512MB gt)
2 GB of DDR400
500 GB HD
lightscribe dvd/cd drive
XION SuperNova 800Watt PS
XION Onyx XON-303 Black/Blue Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Panasync E21 21" CRT Monitor
logitech G5 laser mouse
cheap 15 buck logitech headset... (upgrade eventually)

I'm planning on OCing my cpu eventually and my 8800gt when i get it

Gigabyte S3 Mobo, AMD athlon 64 x2 6000+, Echostar 600 watt PSU, 2 x 1 gig patriot DDR2 800, 500 GB WD SATA II HD, HP CDRW, Liteone DVDRW, HP 17 in CRT monitor and keyboard, Logitec lx7 mouse. currently using the sucky integrated nvidia 6150 video card, will hopefully be upgrading to the new ATI 3870 in the next 2-3 months. also, my case is just an old case a friend gave me that I spray painted silver and custom mounted a 120 mm intake fan. :D

My desktop system is a bit older, whereas my laptop was purchased around Thanksgiving.

Desktop:

AMD 64 bit 3000+ Single Core
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum
Corsair 4x512mb PC3200 DDR400 Ram
XFX Nvidia GeForce 6600 256mb PCIEx16
Sony DVD-Rom
HP DVD-RW Dual Layer
WD 16mb SATA 250gb HDD (2)
Maxtor 8mb IDE 200gb HDD (1)
ThermalTake 420w PSU

Laptop:

Toshiba Satellite A215-S7422
AMD 64 bit Dual Core Turion TL-58
ATI Radeon X1200 series 128mb dedicated (shared up to 319mb)
DVD-RW Dual Layer
15.4 Widescreen
1gb DDR2 667 RAM upgraded to Gskill 1x2gb DDR2 667
Came with Vista Home Premium, downgraded (err, upgraded) to Win XP Pro SP2.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my setup. The only game I really play is Ultima Online, which a computer 10 years old could run with a smile on its face, therefore rendering my desktop "state of the art" by my standards and for what I need it for. My laptop I have for portability of music and ease of working on files at school and my future job that I should be landing in the next couple months upon graduation.

Overall, considering I spent 550 for my desktop tower 2 years ago and 550 for my laptop at Thanksgiving, I really can't complain for what kind of performance and productivity I've gotten from them!

Also forgot to mention - My dekstop has a 22" 5ms ViewSonic widescreen and is hooked up to my 220w stereo system.

My specs in sig, all of my systems I got for cheap. My HP I got back in 2003(?) and upgraded most of the stuff in it, my laptop I got used on eBay and upped the RAM, and my Compaq was actually a Celeron 500MHz that quit working, so for $100 I got enough components to re-use the leftovers from the HP and rebuild the Compaq to a decent new computer (not for new games, but for old games like Jedi Academy, hosting JKA server, and Web browsing it's great).

all my specs are the same except the CPU i've upgraded it to a E4500.

Btw im kinda afraid that this is gona run to hot so im thinking about purchasing a Thermaltake BigTyphoon. does anybody know if it'll fit inside of a Apevia X-cruiser case? i've got a CPU wind tunnel but i can remove tat no prob.

Back
Top Bottom