Short in Power Supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
now that you mention it, my father was having the same problem on his computer. He had an adware program on his comp that would restart his OS every time he started the internet. He removed his by going into Run, typing msconfig, and editing out everything under the startup tab that he knew he didn't need. Of course if you have adware remover use that. You could try loading windows in safe mode to see if it turns off. If it doesn't turn off in safe mode it is definately a software/virus/adware problem. Boot into safemode by pressing F8 when you boot up windows, do this when you see the "_" without the quotes in the upper-left-hand corner of the screen.

i figured it out my uncle did a little work for dell so he asked a buddy and told me that if he hasnt upgraded anything then its probably his bio's problem..

I've only been gone 2 months.... shouldnt there be a tool that tells you when you ned to upgrade you bios? Because that's just lame if they allow a problem like that to manifest itself and then attempt to charge a person 300 bucks when its a failure of them troubleshooting online before some n00b sends their computer in... don't you think? Either way, my problem seems fixed for now, and I will upgrade the BIOS when I get home.

This is gonna sound funny, but what turned out to be the problem? We ran through everything from Adware, viruses, power supply, battery, AC adapter, BIOS, etc. Did you try booting it in safe mode to see if you have the same problem? Keep me informed of the results. Thanks.

Sure didn't. Actually what I did was sit in the BIOS setup menu (f2 on the load screen) for more than 5 minutes, to see if the problem was in windows or before, like in BIOS. If it turned off in BIOS, the logic was that it was either a BIOS problem or a hardware problem. I don't know how well this logic keeps up, but after changing the BIOS idle/shutdown settings all to 10 minutes instead of 4, 3, and 10 (in vertical order), I have not had a single problem. Tomorrow night I will be upgrading my BIOS from Dell.com, as well as scanning for viruses with an upgraded scanner. But there you go... next time you see this problem, and they have already checked for viruses, and before they buy hardware, tell them to fix the BIOS settings. ^_^ If you read my earlier posts, I don't know if I fixed the problem so much as disabled the BiOS ability to deal with whatever the problem was. But, as far as I am concerned, the problem is fixed. And, it seems to come to mind that this isn't the first time I've had to do this. Although, I can't remember if it was with this computer or my ol desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom