My Computer Started to take 15 Minutes to Start Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
no check yet, check your pms? lol
I'll have to recheck things at work with broadband
The corrupt driver cannot damage a port. But it was all that other stuff you were saying...how certain things were blowing up or getting fried, that was crazy to imagine.

BUT, if it's still under warranty I would rma that mobo. I think it's the key. Even if partially functional, a circuit is blow somewhere on it. Do it now if you can. And I think your sata card is still good, but that mobo was funkified.

Got your pm . . . don't know how you found it.

This build had the most unusual problems that anyone has ever heard of. If you want to see them, I'll give you the url to the forum that helped me build it. It had over 500 replies. The problems started immediately. I was to remove the back plate but no matter how hard I pushed on it, it wouldn't budge. Someone put a url in a post where someone had the same problem. He wound up cutting up a 2""x4" board, putting it on the back plate, and gave it some brisk blows with the handle on a screwdriver. Well, I don't have 2"x4" board laying around so I looked around my apartment to see what I could use. I wound up using a rubber door stop. The butt of a screw driver wasn't enough to remove it so I used the side of a hammer. I had to give it 5 pretty hard whacks with it until it finally came out. It bent the frame where the back plate was so I had he hardest time to get the new back plate to stay in place.

All that just to say that I'll check the paperwork for the motherboard to see if it's still under warranty.

Thanks atomic tofu :)

Hi atomic tofu . . . I more than appreciate your help. I had a hunch all along that it was my mobo but people told me that I was wrong so I went with the flow. I can't replace it right now . . . just bought a new cpu and hsf. I couldn't get the brackets off that held the fan to the cpu so I took it to a shop and they charged me $30.00. The new one is connected the same way so I'll have to take it to the shop again to remove the fan. . . another bummer.

Ever since I switched my hard drive's port to the one that was used by my SATA card, I get a Windows 'critical stop' sound when I boot up. After that, everything is ok. No crashes, no slow-downs, etc. Any thoughts on the subject?

I finally got around to checking out the drivers and bios for Norco. If I downloaded and install them, I believe that I'd be setting up a RAID Array and I don't want to do that. When I went into Device Manager > RAID Controller, there aren't any drivers. The "RAID Controller" was the closest option to SCSI in Device Manager, nothing named SCSI.

Ok, I'll give you that one.

In post #25, I mentioned that the new driver and BIOS would create a SATA Array, not just update Norco. Since I don't want to set up a SATA Array, what else can I do?

Looks like English to me.

I don't get where it would create a SATA array. If the motherboard supports RAID, it will prompt for the drivers on boot... just ignore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom