Vista SUX or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So? You have a issue with Vista? Congrats. Really i mean that. You are not the first person to say thiese things and you are not the last. It is just something with your system.

Could be drivers causing the delay in startup. Could be your profile, could be your services, could be your startup applicaitons. There is a whole lot of things it oculd be. Just becuase you experience delays doesnt mean everyone does. Just cause you experience lag doesnt mean everyone does.

As i have already pointed out boot times NEVER get faster. They only get slower. Ubuntu boots slower than Vista does for me. Do i complain? No. I deal with it. Do i stress this opinion of mine to everyone that i dislike Ubuntu cause of this? No. I stress the good qualities of the OS to people so that they can try and enjoy their experience. I do not try to convince everyone who reads a post of mine that something is bad because I have had a bad experience. That is not what a SUPPORT FORUM is about.

If you have nothing but negativity about a product then that is fine. Stress what dificulties you have had with it and not try to persuade people away from it cause of your bad experience. They might not have the same experience.

That is my point, buddy. Just cause you dont like Vista doesnt mean the other 6 Billion people on the planet will hate it as well. You are one person. Stop trying to push your experience off as fact that Vista will react that way for everyone.

Vista takes longer to boot than XP i believe thats a fact.

I'm trying to scrounge the net, on the weekend with my dialup, looking for factualy definitive data that states this. And i can't really find any. Does microsoft state this officially about Vista?

All I know is Vista is fast for me and is very quick. I do know if people don't have good drivers and compatible hardware it can muddle things up.

just my experience.

This is totally dependent on the system and the startup applications involved. Start from install XP and Vista boot in just about the same amount of time for me. I will time it next time i format witha stop watch and post my results to prove that Vista does not take longer tha XP to boot.:p

My computer in my SIG runs Windows XP Professional. My laptop runs Vista Premium using C2D 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD 5400RPM.

Although my desktop is a lot more powerful than my laptop, XP loads slower than Vista.

What kind of computer are you using? It must be old if Vista takes longer to boot up than XP.

The puter in my sig runs vista like a dream, no probs whatsoever, (got the BSOD once trying to OC my former 8600GT too much) it has never crashed, never gotten a virus and boots in under a minute, as far as drivers go, everything has worked flawlessly from day 1, so yea, i like vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom