Gigabye X38-DQ6 or Asus Maximus Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you plan to use a heatsink that has a backplate, get the x38-ds4. the dq6 wont let you use any heatsinks that use a backplate (TRUE/tt-120)
ahh, ok, that's good to know. I was planning on a tt 120... What are the differences between the ds4 and dq6? Besides the dq6 having two more sata ports and better heat sinks / heat pipe? Will the ds4 overclock just the same as the dq6? :confused:
I might even consider the P35-ds3r if I was sure the 3870 X2 and 9800 GX2 won't require PCI-E 2.0...

as far as i know those are the only differences haha. i woulda got the ds4 but couldnt get it in canada anywhere >< too new. we only get old crap up here ;p

Actually i was looking into the differences of the ds4 and the dq6. The dq6 has a few more sata ports, thats about it. If you plan to go crossfire go for the x38 ds4, if you are going to stick to a single card, get the p35-ds3r.

i own the maximus and its great the board wil lautoset the voltages as needed so if you set your fsb to 400 itl automatically set the voltage you need on its own, its a great overclocker and i love mine.

as far as i know those are the only differences haha. i woulda got the ds4 but couldnt get it in canada anywhere >< too new. we only get old crap up here ;p
not if you shop on ncix, they get everything before new egg does.

hm? I do shop at ncix. Built nearly my entire pc from there, minus the stuff that they didn't have available. They don't have the x38 ds4. They're taking orders but it isn't available.

Heck it took them forever to even get the cosmos, I ended up buying it from performance-pc's for a fortune in shipping. It also took them 2 or 3 months longer than negg to get the 2x2GB g.skill PK's that I wanted, hence why i'm stuck with crucial. I even contacted G.skill since ncix is the only registered canadian distributor (newegg is US) and they said they're just plain slower, nothign that could be done about it.

I always check newegg for new things that I might want before I even look at ncix because 80% of the time they wont get it for quite a while after. I've done this daily over the last year for putting this rig together.

well i know with nvidia products ncix is one of the North American launch partners, so they usually have more in stock items on release days then other canadian E-tailers.

As well when i bought my maximus, no other store in western canada had it, or even knew when they would be getting it. So i guess its just luck that the item you want is high on their priority list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom