Sony laptop/unbuntu issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuaz

In Runtime
Hi,

I recently tried to dual boot my Sony Vaio FZ18L, with Ubuntu. But now when i load up the laptop i get a:
"GRUB LOADING STAGE 1.5"
"GRUB LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...."
"ERROR 22"

So i went in to ubuntu (from the CD) and loaded up the Partition manager and deleted the newly created partitions i made for the linux install, however now i cant boot and still get the above message and cant get into Vista!

Any help, much appreciated.

Well if you deleted the partition of course you're going to get an error! GRUB (the bootloader that allows you to pick from Linux or Windows at boot) is located on the Linux partition, so if you delete it, then GRUB won't work. I'd reinstall Ubuntu if I were you, but you can also try Vista's recovery console to fix MBR.

Only deleted the partition AFTER i was getting that error. I have however fixed the original issue by borrowing a Vista disk so i could boot into that and get the Command prompt window to rebuild the boot partition. The only silly thing now is that on pressing F10, which should bring the Recovery thing up, it doesn't appear correctly. However i believe that is an issue for Sony to tell me how to fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom