computer random shutdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnOfDoom

Daemon Poster
okay recently i've uninstalled ubuntu and deleted the partition and uninstalled grub. but it made me reinstall windows. i still have all my files but now my computer wont stay on for more than 12 minutes while booted into windows. can anyone tell me whats wrong?

okay i've ruled out all parts being the issue exept the CPU and Motherboard. i do not have any other motherboards to test and see if its the CPU or not and i do not have any other CPU's to see if its the motherboard. i would suspect the CPU because i can put the 24 pin in the motherboard and all the lights and drives work. but when i plug up the CPU's power all **** breaks loose. my guess is that it has to be the CPU because if i plug in the 24 pin on the motherboard then that is completeing a circuit making all the lights come on and if the motherboard was defective i doubt any lights would come on or anything spin up, correct me if im wrong but if a motherboard is defective doesnt that mean theres a break somewhere in teh circuitry or a component is messed up. it would seem ot me if the board was freaky then the lights would never come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom