Copy a User account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kizzeith

In Runtime
I am running XP pro, and I have been using the Administrator account for a long time.

I have recently started using Remote Desktop from work, which doesn't allow the Administrator account to log in.

Is there a way to completely copy one account to another? I know how to copy documents and settings, etc, but I want to have an exact copy of one profile to another.

I want all Profiles, email, torrents...everything, to be moved to a new acocunt.

How can i do this?

first make sure the hidden files and folders are enabled

then go to system, advanced, settings under user profiles, select the user account, click copy to, then browse to default user, copy to the that and click yes at the message. Now everytime you log into a new account/user, this is the profile that will be used. It will look exactly like the one you customized. Now I have never copied over the default admin account. What I do for work is password protect and then disable the default admin account, then make a captain account and test account. I customize both new account, but mainy the test account, then I log on as captain and then copy the profile over to default users. So when I have a user log in, their profile in 99% complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom