Screen size correlate to FPS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newegg.com - Acer X193W+BD Black 19" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2000:1 (ACM) - Retail

Would this monitor get better fps than a 22" with the same resolution??

Or would they be the same?

OK, let's say you have an 8800GT 512. The GT would perform relatively the same on both a 19" and 22", with a native resolution of 1680 x 1050, because it's the same number of pixels. But you would get better frames, if you were to use the GT on a 19", whose native resolution is 1440 x 900.

ok...got it....thanks for clearing that up for me guys..... i had that all messed up.

So if I get an 8800GTS 512MB card....I can get the biggest monitor that displays 1680 x 1050 and have good performance....great.

Will I be able to throw alittle AA on with that card also, or would that require a better card?

screen size doesnt change fps, or at least i dont think it does because when i hook up my 19" lcd i get the same fps with the same resoultion as i do with my 21" crt

edit:
i just realised i dont know what lcd stands for.... lol google time

liquid crystal display... :/

with the 8800GTS 512mb you'll be able to apply a little AA yeah...

But at that resolution you'll find the need for it is much less

ok...got it....thanks for clearing that up for me guys..... i had that all messed up.

So if I get an 8800GTS 512MB card....I can get the biggest monitor that displays 1680 x 1050 and have good performance....great.

Will I be able to throw alittle AA on with that card also, or would that require a better card?

You dont know how good the 8800gt is do you? Its one **** of a card, i dont see why you worry so much. And you dont really need aa at that res, looks good enough already.

You dont know how good the 8800gt is do you? Its one **** of a card, i dont see why you worry so much. And you dont really need aa at that res, looks good enough already.

LOL.....no ...I really dont know how good the 8800gt is....I just hope it is as good as everybody says!

I just worry about my frame rates, and that is just because I know people exagerate them alot, like when I got my X1900XTX, people were saying....you can max everything out at 1600 x 1200 and have great frame rates.....well....that was not exactly the case.

I think people guess at what framerates they are getting, and not actually check....but anyway...thanks for this info, it is quite helpful.

LOL.....no ...I really dont know how good the 8800gt is....I just hope it is as good as everybody says!

I just worry about my frame rates, and that is just because I know people exagerate them alot, like when I got my X1900XTX, people were saying....you can max everything out at 1600 x 1200 and have great frame rates.....well....that was not exactly the case.

I think people guess at what framerates they are getting, and not actually check....but anyway...thanks for this info, it is quite helpful.

It depends on the game, call of duty 4 runs like butter on any 8800 series card, no matter what size memory. I dont guess, in fact i even got screenshots up so you can see. The rest of the system is important too. My system wont get as high fps as a q6600 system with the same card.

Enter my thread:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/my-8800gt-256mb-benchmarking-164720/index2.html

It depends on the game, call of duty 4 runs like butter on any 8800 series card, no matter what size memory. I dont guess, in fact i even got screenshots up so you can see. The rest of the system is important too. My system wont get as high fps as a q6600 system with the same card.

Enter my thread:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/my-8800gt-256mb-benchmarking-164720/index2.html

Thanks ricanflow, i believe i should get frames similar to you then, our cpus are similar.....thanks for the help...it is much appreciated...I guess I will be going for a 22" widescreen after all....then either an 8800GTS 512MB or else wait for the new cards coming soon.

Thanks ricanflow, i believe i should get frames similar to you then, our cpus are similar.....thanks for the help...it is much appreciated...I guess I will be going for a 22" widescreen after all....then either an 8800GTS 512MB or else wait for the new cards coming soon.

You dont need a gts for 1680x1050, and youve got an e6600, youll be pulling more fps than me. Honesty i would get a regular 8800gt and oc it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom