Undelete Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaptorX

Baseband Member
I deleted a .doc file by mistake, i use Recover My Files for those kind of accidents, I have used it before several times but now it doesnt even look for any file in drive C, but in other partitions it finds whatever is in there, so i try with Final Data Enterprise and when i try drive C says : this file format is not supported... finally just in case i download FreeUndelete to test if is the programs or something... I get Drive C: Undelete is not supported...

I am kind of wondering what happened there... any clue?

So are you saying that 3 programs couldnt find the .doc or that all 3 programs are nto working?

the 3 prongrams dont even look for the file cause they say that the file format of the C drive is invalid (wtf??)

have never got that before

they work in the D or E drive normally.

Basically the programs are working fine but the C drive has something that they cant recognice but im not sure of what they refer with "the file format of the C drive".

They are basically saying that your C:\ drive is corrupted. Open My Computer and Right click on the C:\ drive. Select Properties>Tools>Error checking. Have that run at next restart and then restart your PC. This will check your C:\ drive for errors. After ti runs it will either find/fix these issues and allow you to use one of these programs to find the .doc file or your C:\ drive is in a bit of trouble.

The File was deleted from his HARD DRIVE. There for it is already gone from teh RAM since RAM is only short term memory. Restarting will not results in him not being able to recover the file. You can recover files that have been thru a format. I know i have done it. Thank you and have a nice day. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom