Trouble With My Reformating To XP PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgar

In Runtime
Ok, so here is my major dilemma at the moment. I have Server 2003 installed on one of my hard drives and of course it's the one that I am on now since I am able to get online. Today I decided that I needed to reformat my computer and install a fresh copy of XP and so I did. I was having problems and wanted to get a bigger hard drive and I went to FRYS and purchased one (300 GIG SATA) something

Anyways, I reformatted with a copy of XP that was purchased from the University and installed and everything seemed to be ok. The reason why I was running Server 2003 was the follow problem that occurred again tonight as I was using XP. After being installed and being inside the OS XP PRO

and Clicked on the Internet Explore I the computer messes up or something and goes directly into a blue screen that gives an error.
The error reads

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

and at the bottom it says "beginning to dump physical memory and it starts counting or something"

I would continue to use Server 2003 and take this new hard drive I just purchased back or something but I really need to have explore for some stuff that I need to do for all my classes that I am taking this semester. I do not know what to do and really need someone to help me and have patience with my computer illiteracy that I obviously have.

On the other hard drive now after giving me that error I turned off the computer and turned it back on and as I start to get into the normal desktop screen my mouse and keyboard shut off.

Please Help

That error is a results of a hardware conflict. Have you run MemTest86? I would start there to make sure your RAM is all good. Then remove components till you find the one that is causing this issue.

If you don't wish to do that then i would look at some other things. Like what new hardware have you installed. What drivers are installed. It could be that XP installed 2 sets of drivers for the same device and that is causing the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom