I feel sick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, all the info is in my thread included with the links to the same chip above. Now I feel sick that you doubted "Computer Technology Forum"!! lol ;p

Your links don't prove anything.

It's a REFURBISHED CPU!

The Mobo says "Up To 1600 FSB" That's the Mobo not the CPU.

I wouldn't buy an ATX mobo touting a FSB faster than 800Mhz. It's more than likely not true.

Show me an ORIGINAL 1600 FSB price, if you find it, at least I know where to shop now!

If Newegg was cheating people by selling refurbished products to customers who thought they were buying new products then why does just about everybody looking for computer hardware buy from them and give Newegg good reviews ?
Why do you think Newegg cheats people ?

jolancer said:
newegg doesnt have a new one of those. but thy have a better one, new, for cheeper then bestbuy... http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-426&depa=1 [/B]

Thank you,

this is a good find:

HyperTransport™ technology for high speed I/O communication
One 16-bit link up to 2000MHz
Up to 8GB/s HyperTransport™ I/O bandwidth
Up to 14.4GB/s total delivered processor-to-system bandwidth

The other chip had a 9gb/HT I/O: Justifies the extra 60 bucks:

The FSB is integrated. ??? but at what clock speed. is it enough for the RAM.

It has a 640K effective cache

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_9485_9487^9493,00.html

Still a find.

Crazybeans: I'm not trying make you mad. I'm just trying to prove a point. Some of the mst overlooked issues with System Performance is the FSB of the Memory to CPU, I/O System Bus bandwidth, and CPU to FSB Bottleneck.

It could be a waste of money and most people who upgrade to a great video card don't get to see the Cards full potential.

a $489 Cpu is not bad when it can handle a 1600mhz FSB. The motherboard needs to be able to clock at those speeds too.

There is a world of difference. Especially when your playing EQ2, Farcry, Halo III and so on.

I'm sorry I offended you. I just care that people should look deeper into products other than their "MARKETED" values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom