Which 8800GT should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASUS also comes with lifetime warrenty even after you oc.

I just hate the original one slot cooler for the 8800GT, i would get the the ASUS one nevertheless, or get a HD 3870

EVGA are about to release a GT with a 2 slot cooler. You could wait on that....

I seem to remember Gainward and Gigabyte both being big players a few years back (always reliable, if not top performing cards). What happened to them?

A two slot cooler does sound better. I don't know why but I don't trust those one-slotters, but I'm sure it's just an irrational belief. Do you have an ETA on that card?

Myself I praise Gigabyte; every single product I've bought from them (be it motherboards or video cards) has been top notch, with a lot of extras and amazing durability.

The one slot cooler is fine, and you can always turn up the fan. The whole thing is a heatsink as well and it covers the entire card so it protects it well. I have my fan at 45% and idle temp is 52c.

A two slot cooler does sound better. I don't know why but I don't trust those one-slotters, but I'm sure it's just an irrational belief. Do you have an ETA on that card?

Myself I praise Gigabyte; every single product I've bought from them (be it motherboards or video cards) has been top notch, with a lot of extras and amazing durability.

No eta, there have been some pictures thrown around the EVGA boards, but its definitely coming. Soon I would think. I just looks like a thick GT with a red (not blue) sticker.

That said, I'm not sure about other brands, but all GT cards that have gone out from EVGA recently have an updated cooler (with a bigger fan) and an updated bios, which has a much better fan profile. Reports are good, but it still isn't on par with a good 2 slot cooler.

I think I'm gonna wait a week or two to see if the two-slotters come out. If not, I'm purchasing the eVGA card.

Thanks for your replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom