...took a plunge and bought a new monitor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on how the screen is set up, if the 226BW screen is calibarated right and it is a S panel, then there is no way a gateway would beat the 226BW in terms of hue richness. Thats just from my experience with monitors however.

Not any of the older ones im sure, but the hd2200 just came out a couple months ago i think. It just looks amazing.

theres no way that gateway beats my 226bw, i don't know what specs it has but samsung gerneraly makes far better monitors.

Companies like Gateway or Dell don't make their own monitors, other companies like Viewsonic, Phillips, LG and Samsung make it for them. Take the 1907FP for example... half the panels were made by Samsung and half were made by Phillips/LG.

Even those companies use several more obscure companies to piece together parts for one model. The 226BW has many different revisions where some components have been changed out for different ones from another company. Difference between a 226BW S and an inferior 226BW A is tremendous, but you'd never be able to tell by looking right at the box, it's a matter of luck, sort of like steppings for a cpu.

Companies like Gateway or Dell don't make their own monitors, other companies like Viewsonic, Phillips, LG and Samsung make it for them. Take the 1907FP for example... half the panels were made by Samsung and half were made by Phillips/LG.

Even those companies use several more obscure companies to piece together parts for one model. The 226BW has many different revisions where some components have been changed out for different ones from another company. Difference between a 226BW S and an inferior 226BW A is tremendous, but you'd never be able to tell by looking right at the box, it's a matter of luck, sort of like steppings for a cpu.

yes i know that thanks, but samsung used all samsung parts, as far as i know. I don't know which is better, i doubt this gateway is better.

well I got the Samsung because of the 3000:1 contrast ratio...most others only have 1000:1
contrast ratios are a bit iffy imo, i technically have a higher contrast ratio than the more expensive 226BW, i have 800:1 vs 700:1, it just have 2ms response which is really no difference over 5ms

yes i know that thanks, but samsung used all samsung parts, as far as i know. I don't know which is better, i doubt this gateway is better.

Thats why i actually went and saw it in person, and it convinced me enough to buy it. Ive been lookin at 22 inchers for a while. Just because its gateway doesnt mean it cant be better.

contrast ratios are a bit iffy imo, i technically have a higher contrast ratio than the more expensive 226BW, i have 800:1 vs 700:1, it just have 2ms response which is really no difference over 5ms

Yup, i have 1000:1. Id rather trust my eyes over specs. 5ms and 2ms are virtually impossible to tell apart.

ya, i stopped believing contrast ratio's of monitors, it seems every company has their own standards.... which is stupid!!!

but in certain terms... my monitor is 3000:1 dynamic.. and i must say, this thing is incredibly beautiful.. you're going to love your monitor guru.. great buy!!!

i remember when i went from my 17 inch crt to a 22 inch!! i was so amazed.. it was a crazy day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom