Videos of applying thermal grease and heatsync

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i just put a spot in the center and put the heatsink on?

I have a quad core btw

For a quad core what you do is put two pieces of tape on the edge leaving a little line in the middle with no tape just the top of the cpu and apply thermal paste on that line, then spread it out with a credit card to make the paste smooth, take the tape off and put the heatsink on. I don't know if you need a horizontal line or vertical, can someone answer that?

Sorry i must be thick as a brick but i don't really understand that statement. can someone draw me a little diagram :p

Heh i never noticed the line is parallel to the writing, i always checked using the notches. Gee, you learn something new every day.

I seem to remember a few months ago, Pinoy was going through the same process (with extended running around with hands in the air).

I think there were many diagrams of the different method of splodging.

Just do it! I prefer 4 tiny pin splodges, kind of half way towards each corner (like a square within the big square of the chip).

Whatever works! just get good coverage, but use as little goo as possible in doing that.

There actually a video on the forums, here, but I didn't find it particularly useful.

For a quad core what you do is put two pieces of tape on the edge leaving a little line in the middle with no tape just the top of the cpu and apply thermal paste on that line, then spread it out with a credit card to make the paste smooth, take the tape off and put the heatsink on. I don't know if you need a horizontal line or vertical, can someone answer that?

actually I heard that was the traditional way thats no longer recommended since the tape can leave unwanted stick resedue where it touches the top of the chip ( where you want it to always be clean and cleaning it with alcohol before applying anything to it )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom