...took a plunge and bought a new monitor :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
So I've had my Belinea 19'' WS lcd for awhile now and am fiending after something larger...so I have just purchased a Samsung 223BW 22'' monitor :)

Should be here Monday so I'll post back with some pictures but I'm pretty excited. I got this as a b-grade item for cheap (meaning the box is damaged or missing manuals, but 100% normal item)

this one:
ImgW.asp

Has anyone owned a similar one? It's identical to the 226BW except the panel is 5ms instead of 2ms

i have the 226bw, and if this one is the same with just a slower ms response, you are fine. The 226bw is the best monitor ive EVER used. how much did you spend?

yeah they are identical...just 5ms vs 2ms...and considering I am using 8ms at the moment and can't see any ghosting or anything I think its fine.

and I paid 173 quid shipped...which is a pretty good price for over here.

You and your silly B grade items. Its a huge difference going from 19" to 22". Even better going to 24"

I am always scouting the b-grade section for deals :)

and yeah I was looking at a 24'' but my room is quite small and I don't want the monitor to dominate it...also the cheapest decent one I found was over 200 quid without shipping...and I'm putting this on my credit card as it is.

Also I really want good image quality, that's why I went for a Samsung panel with 3000:1 dynamic contrast ratio. Hopefully there will be a difference from my Belinea 850:1

Nice, i just got the 22" gateway hd2200 myself and love it. I dont see why people recommend the 226bw so much, its alright but i went and compared this screen to it in person and it actually looks better. My card handles 1680x1050 fine as well, no problems there.

Nice, i just got the 22" gateway hd2200 myself and love it. I dont see why people recommend the 226bw so much, its alright but i went and compared this screen to it in person and it actually looks better. My card handles 1680x1050 fine as well, no problems there.

It depends on how the screen is set up, if the 226BW screen is calibarated right and it is a S panel, then there is no way a gateway would beat the 226BW in terms of hue richness. Thats just from my experience with monitors however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom