Ordered New Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRVRT

In Runtime
Looks good, but why a quad core for a htpc? Also, you can pick up the LG combo drive for around 250 usually. Plays both hd-dvd and blu-ray, also burns blu-ray.

Looks good, but why a quad core for a htpc?

Went quad for multitasking since this thing will be doing mutiple things at the same time. Thought it would work best when I rip some music or make my movie library. The GF and kid will be using it also while it works as a server and also folding.

Ah good idea. Ya i built mine strictly for being a media server. What kind of cable do you have? Comcast doesnt support QAM so you wont be able to get the digital tuner working. Me hates teh comcrap.

Ah good idea. Ya i built mine strictly for being a media server. What kind of cable do you have? Comcast doesnt support QAM so you wont be able to get the digital tuner working. Me hates teh comcrap.

I have Direct TV satelitte. There is no cable in my area. I may have to upgrade my reciever, but will have to wait and see what happens. Main thing I am trying to do is get the video into the pc. I have audio. Once I get the video into the pc, then I can record it. Right now my receiver has 2 audio/video outputs in composite, 1 cable to tv output, and 1 S-video output. Not sure what signal the cable to tv outputs. Audio works fine through my SupremeFX II input. I just don't have a video input. Currently I have the video going to my 24" Dell monitor by S-video and audio into the pc by way of the sound card. Works ok, but would rather have everything into the pc so it can be recorded and played back from the pc.

looks good, but why 2 different kinds of hard drives?

The 250GB will be partitioned x2. About 40GB for the OS and backup files, 50GB for a webserver, 160GB for program files. The 500GB HDD will be strictly for movies and music. I will also add another 500GB later. Only reason I did not use a 7200.11 for the primary is they don't have anythig smaller than a 500GB yet and 7200.10 are cheap right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom