Overclock suddenly unstable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftEyeBlind

In Runtime
I've been running on my "safe" overclock, testing overclock that has been completely stable and never given me any issues, orthos tested. But suddenly I get lock ups when I log in? The screen freezes and the startup music keeps repeating.. This happens only sometimes.

And another thing.. I noticed sometimes [never when I have actually been on the computer.....] I'll come over to my computer and it will be completely unresponsive and act as if the monitor is off? I thought it could be the power settings, I have it set to home... This seems to only happen lately.

I noticed it will also happen when I'm changing my mouse batteries and swing and accidently hit the computer with my chair? Odd? I don't really hit it that hard.

Maybe it's not as stable as you think. I know with what I have mine at there's little odd quirks like that. When I start the computer when its completely cold, it won't boot windows, but if I just hit reset it's perfectly fine. Or if it goes into standby mode, it doesn't come out. And at lower speed/voltage it doesn't do those things.

Usually it just sits at the desktop with no apps running, sometimes I defrag.

The Memtest got to 100% and restarted again, so I figured I could exit, is that not how its done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom