Videos of applying thermal grease and heatsync

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBM/PS1

In Runtime
Does anyone know of any links to video's of people applying thermal grease to a cpu. Also possible showing a detailed installation of an after market Heatsync. All i can find is people installing stock heatsyncs and the videos of thermal paste application don't show much. From the reviews of the tuniq 120 i might have a tricky time installing it.

Thanks much

You are definately way overthinking it. Literally its just a dot(size of a grain of rice) on the middle of the cpu for a dual core or a line for a quad core. Then you just put the heatsink on.

You are definately way overthinking it. Literally its just a dot(size of a grain of rice) on the middle of the cpu for a dual core or a line for a quad core. Then you just put the heatsink on.

Thought you were supposed to do a vertical line for a dual core, and a horizontal line for a quad?

Just looked on AS5's instructions on how to do it, and that's what they recommend. Any truth to this?

People often say this is the hardest step in building a computer, its actually very simple, just seat cpu, apply grain size dot of grease, and slap on that huge heatsink or waterblock.

I use a vertical line like this.....works great

AS5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom