Vista SUX or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, but clearly 4gig of ram and 512mb video card does. duuur.

ehh? What are you on about? 4gb ram and a 512mb card have nothing to do with Vista and CS:S compatibility.

btw I ran CS:S fine on Vista when I had my 4400x2, 2gb ddr1, and 7900GT as well

ehh? What are you on about? 4gb ram and a 512mb card have nothing to do with Vista and CS:S compatibility.

btw I ran CS:S fine on Vista when I had my 4400x2, 2gb ddr1, and 7900GT as well

I was talking in terms of being able to run the **** game due to the amount of hardware resources you have, since there was talk earlier about ram and its usefulness/wastefulness vista exhibits.

vista is fantastic so far
especially with Service pack coming out soon(hopefully)(RC 1 is out for while)
and Dream scene 2.0 is coming out next month, now us non-ultimate users can have cool animated wallpapers too :)

Heh, ignore this post. It seems someone already said the exact same thing.

I was talking in terms of being able to run the **** game due to the amount of hardware resources you have, since there was talk earlier about ram and its usefulness/wastefulness vista exhibits.

About that... It must be just me but 'wastefulness' of RAM would be letting it set unused. The Vista superfetch works very well for me. It has no problem clearing out the RAM very quickly when a different large application/game is ran.

If the OS can use the RAM to load my programs faster then great! If you don't like it you can always turn it off and see how you like that instead... If my memory is correct its under Services.

One thing about Vista that I though was kinda strange is on a fresh install - after updating - it is extremely slow to boot to desktop. But after about a week its lightning quick. That is prolly one reason that people drop it without giving it a real chance.

My only regret is that I got an OEM version from Newegg.com. Should have gotten the retail so I don't have to re-buy it.

I just didn't have the best luck with Vista on my laptop. But, like I said, maybe SP1 will solve that for me.

I do look forward to using it again. I did like the layout. But geez... it was just driving me insane for a while.

When is the official release of SP1?

I use vista as you guys and still i dont have any complaining. I would guess that there is a lot of bad publicity around. :)

Is not the best of the best but works perfectly for what i need. thats how i would put it.

Does anybody else think that Vista magically got faster on boot times after a week or so of use? I think I used Vista for about a solid month before I dropped it. It never got faster in my experience. :(

I have run Vista with firewalls, anti-virus, among about 13 other applicaitons at start up and i never experienced long boot times. My boot times have always been the same. Less than a minute. Boot times never get faster only slower. So what is your point?

I mean load up XP with about 300 applicaitons does it boot up faster? No. Load up Ubuntu with everything you can. Does it boot up faster? No. So what is the point you are trying to make?

I have run Vista with firewalls, anti-virus, among about 13 other applicaitons at start up and i never experienced long boot times. My boot times have always been the same. Less than a minute. Boot times never get faster only slower. So what is your point?

I mean load up XP with about 300 applicaitons does it boot up faster? No. Load up Ubuntu with everything you can. Does it boot up faster? No. So what is the point you are trying to make?

Then what was my problem?

I boot XP in under a minute (around 35-40 seconds), no apps loaded.
I boot Vista just shy of 2 minutes.
Same laptop.
Same hardware.
2gb RAM.

That's my point, buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom