First viruses, now comp hanging

Status
Not open for further replies.

iNdiSoUL

Beta member
hey i need urgent halp with this

my computer was previously having many viruses
after formatting also i was getting the same viruses
what is the best way to remove all of them even if formatting has not helped?
viruses are getting detected when i am installing any software but i dont understand why do they get detected even when i have used the same CD to install softwares previously too!!

And now after formatting and all and reformatting....my comp hangs after using it for a couple of minutes

Please help!!!!
its a real pain
thanks

What things are you doing? installing? what did you do on the internet? download anything?

ya i had and i think the virus came from there
but then why the virus is being detected on my CD even after formatting and reinstalling XP???
and why is it hanging now??

Because the virus is IN the CD? And you can't format the CD.

but then i have used the same CD previously also and i have never faced a problem with it

this is the first time it is happening

can a CD get affected by a virus after being burnt?

If you burn a virus to a CD yes a CD can be affected by a virus.

If you burn a virus to a CD yes a CD can be affected by a virus.

i have used the same CD in the past after XP re-install without any probs then so i am assuming that i never wrote virus to the CD

but now they are getting detected as and when i am using those CDs

IF i delete the system volume information on an External HDD which shows the virus then will the data on that external HDD also get deleted??

It all depends. It could be a false positive. If you have used this before without any issues then that would be my first suspect. Other than that i would check to make sure your Anti- Virus is up to date. If it is i would check around via google to see what kind of virus this is. You could have been using it without previous knowledge that it was a virus.

There are some things like Game hacks that come up as viruses or other apps such as key finders for XP that are considered viruses when they are not. It all really depends on what the app is that is causing this "virus threat".

Yes if you delete teh system volume info it will delete the data as well. Lets not go there yet. Lets see if we cant figure out what is causing this issue in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom