Found out something fishy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

phucng_10

Fully Optimized
Alright, I've found out a problem that I do not know how to fix.

It's starts off with my Ethernet Card and my Router. So last night, I turned off the computer, (this was when my Ethernet Card was connect with the Cable and the Router wasn't connected with my system) then walked away for about 10 seconds, and out of nowhere I heard my system starting up again (by itself). I was like what the heck? So then I just told myself, I'll just go in and study for my test tomorrow (had finals).

Anyways, after I got home today, I was thinking about what was going wrong, took off my Ethernet card, and reseated it. Then I connected it again with my modem and turned on my computer. Thinking it was a possibility of being fixed, I turned off my computer, and then it turned itself back on again.

So after that happened, I connected my router, along with the Ethernet card, and got my internet up and running. Then I turned off my computer, and it stayed off.

Can something tell me what might be going wrong here? I'm thinking it might be because of my PCI slot. Anyways, it's running fine now. Just don't know what might have caused the automatic turn on of the computer.

So I've read what Wiki had to say about it.

I went to my Device Manager, and I followed what Wiki said about Enabling it. So if I reversed the steps, I could have disabled it. Thing is, I don't know if I actually disabled it or not.

asd.jpg

is it that Tab? or this one?

sdf.jpg

I've currently disabled both Link Wakeup and Magic Packet Wakeup. Is there anything else I might need to disable for this to not happen again?

It's either a jumper on the motherboard or it's in the BIOS, refer to your motherboard manual.

wake on lan is in my bios in the "integrated peripherals" section. don't know about yours.
lol sorry i knew that one as soon as i read your question. i just never have spent much time in this section, i'll start surfing it more often phucng.
but peter pretty much solved the problem (besides bios) in his reply.
i dont think that it will wake on lan if it is disabled in windows even if it is not disabled in bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom