Vista SUX or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Vista must have come out with some NICE drivers in the last 3 weeks then!! Because that's when I dropped it...

WHen I'll have a new build, I'll go Vista. I don't care if it's not going to be as fast as XP, since it'll be fast for me anyway, as I'm running Celeron M, 256ram laptop now anyways. On XP. And it's pretty slow :).

I'll go Vista cuz it looks much better than XP and it's an important factor for me. I might even try to get Leopard working on a new system, although not sure about that.

Yeah. Looks used to be very important to me. After all, you're talking to a die hard Ubuntu user that swore by Compiz Fusion 3d animation and effects!

As I ventured back to Windows platforms since Ubuntu is not fully supported on my system, I quickly learned how much more important stability was than eye candy. On XP, I like my Zune theme with the orange start button and black taskbar. Besides that, the eye candy stops there.

What kind of trouble.

gets an error message... like hl2.exe has failed to load or something... Ill ask for the details later...

i know since cs:s is a half life 2 mod it comes up with that message alot of the times... but he seems to be having the problem on his new alienware laptop with vista... he belives it is because of vista...

I havent really given it a thought untill i decided that i would like to upgrade to vista in the near future and since my main game is CS:S... it would be a big deal if i could not play that game.

You probably can't troubleshoot it on the little info i gave you...ill be back with more

Vista is good if your computer is newer. i got vista for my computer, the only trouble i had was with my graphics card, it was an ATI Radeon 9250, which isnt supported by vista (yet) so i got a new one, but then i had to get a better PSU, but that was cause i upgraded the video card over the 250watt limit of the original.

Other then the high system requirements, its a great operating system.

honestly my current Radeon 9250 doesn't have problems with Vista Home Basic (theres a huge slowdown when I used Home Premium tho..) but my new system is gonna have Vista Ultimate

I think Vista is a great OS tho, once in a while it doesn't run Soldier Front when I want it too, but running it again and it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom