AMD with ATI

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we're talking gaming here....and i think most of us do that primarily....
to stir up the hornet's nest a little, you aint gonna look at a intel quad running at 3.5ghz sitting next to my 5000 running at 3ghz and see ANY kind of difference. benchmarks, yes. number crunching, probably. gaming...pffffah. i think not. crysis being the exception, MAYBE. but, i dont play crysis..nor will i probably. i might who knows...so it really doesnt matter to me. just buy what you want, go with who you like. if you're using your comp for medical research or hollywood effects rendering, there might be an argument here. if you are using it to play bf2 or cod4...well, there isn't.
so let's all be friends yay! this topic (intel vs AMD) has gotten rather stale here.
as far as graphics, i like nvidia. tried ATi, the card i had was bomb...just didn't like it as much. their new cards may be something to look at though.

The first computer I ever built had an intel. The intel died a month later frying just about everything, so I decided to build an Amd computer. Since then I built about 4 Amd computers and they lasted a lot longer. They are still working and its been about 2-3 years. I am still not convinced that ati's are better then nvidias. I bought the 8800gts and am very happy.

I remember the "Pentium problem" when intel chip's made errors even on simple calculator calculations, but that was a long long time ago. Sort of like the stepping error now with the Phenoms but less extreme.

For CPU, i usally buy w/e's cheaper. I was first gonna buy Pentium D with a x1800GTO, but got a nice guitar instead and then saved up until now to get something decent.

For Video card, i just can't stand Nvidia, but thats just me :p

I've had'em all and just buy whatever gives me the biggest bang for my buck
I have an E6600 gaming system with a 8800GTS 320 that is great. I have a AMD phenom 9500 for my workhorse and for ($189.00) a true native quad is is totally stable and I couldn't be happier with AMD. I've owned them all since the first 8086 and, regardless of what people say, you will have a good system either way. I don't give a *&!@ about bench marks.....it's the longevity and stability that interests me and AMD CPU's are great....Intel CPU's are great! Don't worry....be happy! :)

if only AMD can get the upper hand with the upcoming 9700 n 9900 Phenoms when they release, then i would be proud, because 9700 or 9900 would be a real break through in cheap price for excellent performance.

a man can dream can he?? lol.

they will be great performers but if intel drops prices as planned they wont be as good as what you can get from intel for the same money.
but, they will likely be cheaper.
if they have a BE 9650 less than 200 bucks that will be hard to beat. the q6600 would have to be pretty close to the same price to beat that...cos a black edition will likely clock as well as a q6600.

they will be great performers but if intel drops prices as planned they wont be as good as what you can get from intel for the same money.
but, they will likely be cheaper.
if they have a BE 9650 less than 200 bucks that will be hard to beat. the q6600 would have to be pretty close to the same price to beat that...cos a black edition will likely clock as well as a q6600.

yea i know. I was kind of surprised to see a BE of the 9600. Mostly likely there is gonna be a BE of the 9700, if not the 9900. I would rather wait for a 9900 BE then regular 9700 or 9900, so that i can OC the **** out of it!

as for the FX, i wonder when the low-end FX comes out, which is supposedly FX-82, i really want that one but if it doesnt come out around the 9900 or after n performs worse, then ill get the 9900, only if there is a BE of it.

i never really say intel/nV or amd/ati because the best way to make a computer that fits the ultimate price, perf ratio is always going to be to mix and match accordingly to not only your budget but what your computers main uses are going to be

i didnt know tehre where any low end fx chips, i thought they where all high end lol and enthusiast chips like the intel extreme series.

i mean like..........uhh just look on wikipedia.org n type in Phenom n look at the list. My bad for saying low end.

i never really say intel/nV or amd/ati because the best way to make a computer that fits the ultimate price, perf ratio is always going to be to mix and match accordingly to not only your budget but what your computers main uses are going to be

exactly. For me it's gonna be mostly for gaming n them hopefully graphic design work plus photoshop. Right now, all i can do is game.......sort of thx to my crappy 9200 LE lol.

GOSH I WANT THAT HD 3870 x2 so badly, my computer is so turned on for it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom