Intel Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have the original P5k with 2 PCI-Express, this will proably perform jsut as good w/o the ectra pci express.

Though most people will recommend the p35 gigabyte or abit board @ $100, better heat pipes which aren't found on the p5k se.

On the other hand, is there anything with this comparable price that supports PCI express 2.0.

well what that guy means... err i think he means :p is that PCI-Express x16 and Pci-express 2.0 are interchable like agp8x with agp 4x. Though PCI-Express 2 is double the bandwith of the original one, no games and software right now beneift from it. Mabye in the far future it will. It took awhile to see improvement from agp 8x to PCi-Express, im guessing it will be the same for these 2.

Recommend this board at the $100 level:
Newegg.com - MSI P35 Neo2-FR LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Gigabyte one 10 bucks less:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

but the heat pipes look cool :p

And a ton

I have had both the p5k vanilla and gigabyte p35-ds3r and the ds3r is the superior board in my opinion. The ds3l is basically the same board without the raid support and a few less features.

To get a board with pci-e 2.0 you have to go to x38 based boards which start around 200 for the cheapest models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom