buy an extended warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I bought a dell inspiron 9300 (XPS clone) and it has a pin mod which is overclocking the cpu. I was wondering if I should extend the warranty? Since its a dell and I have had problems with dells in the past. I was also wondering what the 3 accident warranty is? cause I can only get the 3 accident warranty from dell. If the motherboard fries, they will replace it if I get the 3 accident warranty right?

I was also wondering if I could get the warranty cause of the pinmod. I think if a part fried they would trace it to the pinmod which would void the warranty. I was just asking to see what you guys think?

They may trace it, they may not. I don't know enough about pin mods to say whether the could figure it out enough. How much is the warranty? Remember that most Dells are extremely well documented and you can find parts for them many places. It's usually very easy to repair one yourself.

yeah, I know that, but the price to fix them could get expensive. Also the warranty is $150.00 or something like that.

If you get a warranty, get it from manufacturer. That said, I wouldn't even bother, but I've had problems with store warranties (like Geek [aka STUPID] Squad taking a whole month to fix a faulty motherboard, ending in them swapping out my probably perfectly good HDD and losing all my data).

lol, labelling the hd as defective is like a standard thing for geek squad. No matter what the problem is, it seems, they love to blame the hard drive. That way they get to charge customers for data transfers to the new hard drive, plus they can make a ton of money if the customer isn't under warranty (new hd cost+installation+cost to reinstall windows=~$300 mostly in labor).

Anyways, Norcent, for $150 if they're covering everything plus accidental damage on that notebook for 3 years it sounds like a great price on a warranty to me. how much is the notebook worth, at least a grand right? Might be worth the investment in this case if it's really that cheap. I've never had anything serviced thru Dell myself so I don't know how good their service is or what they look for. Maybe you could reverse the in mod before you send it in for service and claim ignorance if they bring it up. Not sure how the pin mod works, though, might not be reversible. I don't know anything about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom