AMD with ATI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ink68

Baseband Member
In light of Intel's bangfest on cpu costs, AMD processors have better pricing and competitive performance. Has anyone considered making the switch to AMD?

I recently bought a HP desktop with an Intel-based cpu (Q6700). I'm happy with it and all, as the cost included lots of assessories and software ($1537.XX).

If I can find time to get back into the pc gaming arena, I'm considering on going AMD. In the past, I was sold on Intel and NVIDIA products. Now, I'm thinking - AMD with ATI.

It's good to see someone going to AMD's side. Most people would of said go Intel for gaming, as they do have the upper hand in performance now. But I'd say go for it, because it is the company that you like.

I actually owned an AMD-based system some years ago. When I upgraded with the company that sold me the product, they convinced me to go for the more pricer Intel-based system.

Until AMD make affordable quad cores that perform well and overclock to 4+ghz I won't even be looking their direction.

ATI, on the otherhand...makes great budget cards. I'm considering throwing another 3850 in for crossfire

I would go with whats good... and what you need... and how much you can afford...

Single card = nvidia
crossfire/sli = ati
and sadly atm intel is the way to go for processors...

I'll have to wait and see what is offered after Q1 2008. Either way, AMD is cheap and efficient (capable of handling demanding game applications).

The first computer I ever built had an intel. The intel died a month later frying just about everything, so I decided to build an Amd computer. Since then I built about 4 Amd computers and they lasted a lot longer. They are still working and its been about 2-3 years. I am still not convinced that ati's are better then nvidias. I bought the 8800gts and am very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom