Vista SUX or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't mind vista. I do think that are some things that need to be worked out but that will all happen in time just like with every other OS that comes out. And like gurusan said everyone said the same thing about XP when it first came out. Give it another year and people will treat it like it's XP.

Vista isn't "bad" at all.

I just can't justify using a piece of software that is considerably bloated and takes a powerhouse of a computer to run. And even still with a lot of computers that are coming out with Vista preloaded, even with 2gb of ram, I can't even tolerate the slowness it sometimes exhibits.

I gave it a shot. Really, I was on here too saying about how great it was if you just gave it a chance. A stab in the dark at trying XP again proved that entire theory wrong.

It has potential. I'm sure in the future I'll be a solid Vista user (aside from my Linux homeland). But... right now? XP just offers so much more stability and efficiency, it's crazy for me to justify the use of Vista right now.

See i still can't agree. I use it on a laptop with a AMD Turion TL56 CPU which clocks in at 1.8GHz and 1GB of RAM. Vista runs just fine on that laptop with no issues at all when i run WMP over my network and run 7 other apps at the same time. I dont see how someone with less resources than you can run it just fine but you say it has all these issues pre-loaded on your machine.

Just boggles my mind how some people can use it flawlessly while other say they have nothing but issues. I dont just use it on 1 system. There are 8 systems under my care daily that i have Vista running on. Each system is used for a different purpose. The grandparents have it on their PC and even they can use it. So they had to of done something right with Vista if even people who barely use a PC for over 60 years of thier life can jump in and use it after using XP for 2 years.

See i still can't agree. I use it on a laptop with a AMD Turion TL56 CPU which clocks in at 1.8GHz and 1GB of RAM. Vista runs just fine on that laptop with no issues at all when i run WMP over my network and run 7 other apps at the same time. I dont see how someone with less resources than you can run it just fine but you say it has all these issues pre-loaded on your machine.

Just boggles my mind how some people can use it flawlessly while other say they have nothing but issues. I dont just use it on 1 system. There are 8 systems under my care daily that i have Vista running on. Each system is used for a different purpose. The grandparents have it on their PC and even they can use it. So they had to of done something right with Vista if even people who barely use a PC for over 60 years of thier life can jump in and use it after using XP for 2 years.

Yep. I know man. I don't know what to tell you... but when I'm running 1gb of RAM on this system (originally) and it's sucking up 750 RAM just to even function, that's BS. Complete and utter BS. Argue that all you want, I encourage you. But any system that comes packed with 1 gig of RAM and the system hogs up 75% of those resources... BS. Sorry. That's not right.

Then to upgrade to 2gb of RAM and not even notice a speed difference just ****ed me off. I switch to XP and suddenly my battery lasts more than 25 minutes... my multi tasking has been amplified to the 10th degree. Wow. Amazing.

I'm giving Vista credit, man. It's a solid OS... but it's no where even remotely near the functionality and stability that XP offers.

I look forward to switching to Vista in the future. I truly do. But I'll be the last one to ride Vista's nuts when the **** thing doesn't even work as expected.

It has potential.
I look forward to it.
But for the love of God... not yet.

this "using half or more of my resources" argument is so old.

Unused ram is wasted ram.

Most of the memory being used is superfetch which preloads commonly used apps into memory for faster launches. If another program needs the memory the ram can be dumped in less than a millisecond.

I have used vista ever since beta when I had a 3200+ and 1gb of pc3200 and have always loved it.

this "using half or more of my resources" argument is so old.

Unused ram is wasted ram.

Most of the memory being used is superfetch which preloads commonly used apps into memory for faster launches. If another program needs the memory the ram can be dumped in less than a millisecond.

I have used vista ever since beta when I had a 3200+ and 1gb of pc3200 and have always loved it.

No, it isn't. I was extremely limited on what I could do on that system due to the amount of RAM Vista sucked up. And yes, I know what you're saying about with SuperFetch. But... explain this to me... SuperFetch is designed to load a lot of stuff in que... so even though more RAM is being used, the system itself (by design) is to be more efficient, right?

WHY WAS IT SLOWER????

Great ideas, Microsoft.
But somehow, the execution was not seen by this user here.

Again... let me reiterate... I look forward to using Vista in the future. But they've got a good chunk of qwirks to figure out before I touch it again.

In the mean time, my dual booted XP/Ubuntu system works aaaaaamazing. :)

Why do i hear so many people with 4 gb of ram, and dualcore processors complaining about vista being slow then?

p.s. honest question, I myself plan on upgrading to vista in the near future.

Why do i hear so many people with 4 gb of ram, and dualcore processors complaining about vista being slow then?

p.s. honest question, I myself plan on upgrading to vista in the near future.

because they're whiney biznatches. Vista drivers used to be poor, now they are just as good as XP. In fact I get about 2-3 fps more in Crysis on Vista 64 than I do in XP.

Well, im not too worried... this isnt a big deal since im not buying vista when i plan to upgrade (getting it from the school)... so if i have ANY serious problems with vista then i just go back to XP.

BTW, my friend is having trouble with playing cs:s with vista.... any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom